Fall Legal Intern (Family Law)
Job Short Description:
Job Summary & Qualifications:
- Currently attending Law School
- Fluent in Spanish or another language is preferred
- Interest and/or experience in working with survivors of domestic violence and trauma
- Proficiency working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be able to travel between boroughs
- Interest and proclivity in working within a multi-disciplinary framework.
- Assisting UJC DVP attorneys with direct representation and advocacy to victims of domestic violence seeking legal relief in family court, matrimonial and/or immigration proceedings
- Conduct client intakes, perform legal research/writing, assist attorneys in all aspects of their cases
- Accompany attorneys in conducting Outreach and Community Education events
- Maintain accurate and timely case files and documentation thereof of all contact and services
- Collect and maintain data collection required for monthly, quarterly and yearly statistics.
How to Apply:
Our mission at the Domestic Violence Project (DVP) is to help victims of domestic violence and their children live free of violence and abuse. We consider domestic violence in any type of relationship, regardless of gender or sexual identity, to be a human rights violation.
Be heard. Be free.
LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE?
We proudly serve all survivors of domestic violence, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity or immigration status.