The Domestic Violence Project (DVP) at the Urban Justice Center seeks to hire a full-time Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for driving in a diverse funding stream to support a growing annual budget of approximately $3 million to support the Domestic Violence Project. Reporting directly to the Managing Director/Founder of DVP, the Development Director will join a core group of the senior management team who are dedicated to advancing the rights of survivors of intimate partner abuse. This is an ideal opportunity for a proven, creative, and entrepreneurial nonprofit leader who is passionate about building financial support for an organization committed to addressing inequality. Salary is $85,000 – USD $100,000 / year. UJC offers generous vacation, medical and dental benefits. Currently, this role is functioning in a hybrid in-person/remote model.
· Strategy and Management – Create and lead annual strategy goals for the organization. Manage portfolio of current funders, ensuring that grant deliverables are achieved, and funding sustained. Conceptualize creative strategies for achieving success.
· Data and Technology– Ensure that data and outcomes are captured through our database, LegalServer, to reflect the work on the ground. Generate reports as needed, with the support of an administrative assistant. Creatively use data in both a qualitative and quantitative method to demonstrate the breadth of work and consider novel ways of capturing outcomes.
· Donor Stewardship– Prospect research, cultivation, and solicitation of both public and private funding sources. Create fundraising collateral and grant proposals. Nurture existing relationships with public and private partners.
· External Communications– Drive external communications to deliver messaging to supporters and donors through emails campaigns, social media alerts, and individual touch points.
· Lobbying – Lead annual lobbying efforts with New York City Council members to push for funding through various initiatives. Maintain communication with Council Members throughout the year, generating opportunities for partnerships. Effectively communicate mutually beneficial outcomes and testify when needed regarding need for funding.
· Grant Management– Ensure that deliverables and metrics are met, timely, and captured in our internal database.
· Fundraising Event – Plan and execute the annual fundraiser along with micro-events throughout the year.
The ideal candidate is a creative, entrepreneurial, and successful development professional who has a proven track record of success with generating both public and private funding for nonprofit organizations. This is an external facing role that requires discretion in working with high profile stakeholders of diverse backgrounds.
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
· 7-10 years’ experience in development/fundraising, grant writing, and project management.
· Proven track record of success with foundations, corporate partners, and individual donors.
· Tech savvy and comfortable in fundraising techniques through social media and other online platforms.
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Commitment to social justice and human rights work.
· Persuasive communication skills with the ability to energize and excite those around them to take action.
· An ability to work across disciplines.