The critical element to DVP’s success has been our team of devoted advocates and social workers.
Often working hand in hand with our legal team, our advocates are with our clients through every step of their journey.
The range of services they assist with are vast and constantly growing to meet the changing need of our clients. While legal assistance is often necessary, more often the non-legal intervention is what drives the client’s success and ability to truly move on from the abuse. Any individual seeking assistance is provided a full safety and legal assessment.
Our advocates and social workers provide:
- Intake assistance
- Safety planning
- Immediate and longer term crisis counseling
- Facilitate support groups focused on empowerment and stress reduction
- Case management assistance
- Housing assistance and shelter placement
- Public benefits application assistance
- Financial empowerment services
- Court accompaniment
- Referrals and technical assistance